What we do
- provide a retail space to sell donated furniture and bric-a-brac
- reduce waste by repairing or upcycling items in our workshop
- provide a drop-in space in the centre of Kingussie
- reduce food waste through the community foodshare project
- distribute food parcels through the Badenoch and Strathspey Food Hub
- involve and include trainees and volunteers in running the Hub
- provide a meeting room for community meetings, workshops and activities
Renting one of our rooms
Upstairs there are two well-equipped and attractive meeting rooms with a kitchen, toilets and fully disabled access by lift. Available to hire and suitable for:
- small events
Downstairs, as well as the shop, there is a catering kitchen, workshop and laundry room which may be available at evenings / weekends for groups or individuals if not in use by the charity.
Rates favour community and charity use.
Please contact the Community Hub to discuss your requirements on 01540 662846 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donations and Pick-up Information
We welcome donations for all three of our shops at the Community Hub – books, clothes, bric-a-brac, furniture, toys, sports equipment, small electrical items, curios etc. There are some items we cannot take such as beds, mattresses, sofas, duvets, pillows and large electricals. We have very limited storage and workshop space so, if you have a lot to donate or not sure if we can take items, please contact us first on 01540 662846 or email@example.com.
Our trainees and volunteers try to repair and refurbish items for sale as well as working with other recycling charities to reduce waste where possible. We have a small van that can collect or deliver locally.
The shop in the Community Hub is open 10am – 4.30pm Monday to Saturday.
The rooms and other facilities are available all week including in the evening by arrangement.